At the moment, medicinal marijuana usage is legal in 14 separate states. Texas is not one of them. But should it be? Sound off below as to how you feel.
It needs to be legal
- I'm a director of engineering for a large company in Houston. Two years ago I was hit by a drunk driver that left with two back surgeries and cronic pain. Doctors gave me OxyContin and other pain meds that left me addicted and those meds gave me other health issues as well. I'm off the meds now and use marijuana. I run the risk of being screened and destroying my career. But, it's worth it. That little plant has helped me in so many ways! Since to 80's our government has spent more than $60 billion of our money on fighting a war that they will never win! Legalize it and tax it already!!!
- —Guest The Texan
- I think if Los Angeles says it's okay then y not? There's no secret about the fact that almost everyone does it.
- —Guest bossie618
Free from pain
- I was in two accidents with in one year and it messed up my back I smoke cause it helps with my back I also have mental illness and smoking helps with that I took the man made drugs and had a reaction to it.. And because of the reactions to the man made drugs the doctor got me toxic and I now have seizures from it. So I Smoke MJ and it helps with my chronic back pains mental illness and my seizures so I think medical marijuana should be legal I AM FOR THE LEGALIZTION And reform of marijuana laws I shouldn't have to worry about buying it and having to drive home with it I am not a criminal so I shouldn't have to worry about jail please help us in getting medical marijuana legal in Texas
- —Guest Dannie
HELP US ALL ! LEGALIZE IT
- I strongly agree it should be legal for many reasons. First all the killing across the border will stop in a very significant numbers. Second this economic crisis will decrease if we tax and legalize it here in Texas. Third the state and nation's prision would be less populated and therefore would spend less money trying to prosecute and arrest those with marijuana charges and worry about the real nations problems.
- —Guest ANTONIO
'Living with Chronic Pain'...
- I was diagnosed with 'Systemic LUPUS Erythematosis' - Nephritis, in other words... Lupus that has attacked my Kidneys. This year will be 25 yrs. of living with Lupus. It has NOT been an easy life. Besides all the complications through out the yrs, the hardest part is the Chronic Pain. At this point in my life, I need to have both knees & both elbows replaced with Total Joint Replacements. My doctors want me to wait a few yrs to have this done, because the younger you are - you will eventually need them to be replaced again due to wear & tear. I am 45 & still waiting. I have been on many prescribed narcotics through out the yrs. After so long, your body becomes immune to the meds. & many have side-effects. Currently, I am on a high dosage of pain reliever, using Duragesic Patches - Morphine, with many side effects.
If my doctors think marijuana will help me have a 'better quality of life' - pain free, why not legalize it 'Only' for 'Medical' reasons... Chronic Pain!!
- —Guest Lupus Survivor
- Medical Marijuana has been proved scientifically to cure PTSD in mice. Isreal gives it to their veterans. Yet our government holds up research because why? They already have the patent, I guess even they agree it has a use in medicine.
- —Guest SGT Anderson
- Its my opinion that marijuana should be legalized in all states for medical use. I suffer from chronic pain and it helps. There are some terrible side effects from prescription meds that MJ doesn't have....we need to work together to get this natural medicine!
- —Guest cindi
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!
- There is nothing wrong with Marijuana. I take meds for my backpain but would rather just smoke a little marry jane instead. We are loosing the drug war with Mexico anyways and it will never stop! LEGALIZE IT!!
- —Guest Daniel
I KNOW it should
- My father is a stage three diabetic that always has problems with his feet hurting and if Marijuana was legal i know it would help with his pain. Us Texans need to push for our Medical Marijuana like all other states did. THANKS!!
- —Guest Chris
- weed should be legal because it is not a drug it is just a natural made pain killer and god made it so why not smoke it.......
- —Guest cold blunt
- weed should be illegal because it is not a drug it is just a natural made pain killer and god made it so why not smoke it.......
- —Guest cold blunt
Yes, We should legalize it.
- We need to throw people that DESERVE to be in jail for actual CRIMES.... Having a plant sounds stupid. Alcohol will kill you faster than any joint will.. and for you to die from smoking marijuana you have to be stupid and drive or go outside... Its something done INSIDE and all it does it make you happy hungry and sleepy... People have been smoking it for years and they will continue to do so even if it is legal or not.
And don't let stupid potheads give it a bad name. You have to be responsible with it... Which means GET YOUR PRIORITIES DONE FIRST, and then you can have your weed. Don't just sit there and do nothing but smoke weed, you have to be productive.
Have your life set out for you first, before you do anything that could possibly make you make the wrong decisions (being constantly high)
There are plenty of people who have great lives great jobs and can still smoke marijuana secretly.... Lets not ruin it for them! :)
- —Guest Madeline
medical marijuana should be legal.....
- Nothing helps a lot of people there headaches in back pain cause insomnia it's better then people getting hook off pills.people die off pills and noone dies off marijuana so think about ........
- —Guest anonymous
natural or man made
- Honestly what's worse a plant or a man made pill with a list of side effects that could wall paper my house
- —Guest dont judge me
- What is the Word of God on the Cannabis plant?
The hemp plant (scientific name: cannabis, slang: marijuana) is one of the many useful herbs "yielding seed after its kind" created and blessed by God on the third day of creation, "and God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:12) He gave hemp for people to use with our free will.
God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31) The Bible predicts some herb's prohibition. "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy … commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. (Paul: 1 Timothy 4:1-3)
The Bible speaks of a special plant. "I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither
- —Guest Diego Ramirez