At the moment, medicinal marijuana usage is legal in 14 separate states. Texas is not one of them. But should it be? Sound off below as to how you feel. Share Your Reason
Please Legalize it
- Weeds is much less addictive than alcohol, less violent, and help so many illness. Just because it was illegal back then that doesn't mean it's bad. It's not a gateway drug, that's what is wrong with the government. When someone or a corporation bought out these politician and tell them to make it illegal, they tell lies to people for generation that weeds is bad. Please stop telling lies to people and make it a choice for people to consume it
- —Guest NewbieForeva
- My girlfriend's little brother was arrested for possession of marijuana, and he was a really good kid (still is). Made good grades, got accepted into Texas A&M. This was a few weeks after his high school graduation, and because of that arrest for simply smoking marijuana and not even hurting anybody, he had to use over 2,000$ from his college fund towards hiring a lawyer, getting it dismissed, flight ticket, etc. I smoke occasionally but not as much as my high school days and I have a 3.4 3rd year finance major.
- —Guest Jakob
at least its not crack
- I think I laughed when I seen the marijuana intervention TV show I really can't believe it I was watching yet I continued on to see if this person was gonna get in a car accident or die nothing really happend lol but the ones on meth wow and pain killers wow...I'd grow and stay to my self draw and spend time with the fam puff when I want to in peace of mind if legal...no one wants to legalize crack it kills u weed is a god given creation god only cre8z good things .peaceout god bless this sad nation
- —Guest nigg3rRo@ch
- In my opinion i think it should. I dont know why it's still illegal in Texas, alot of people need it whether its for glaucoma pain relief or anxiety. Alcohol is alot worse, presidents have smoked and almost everyone on this site thinks it should. I think if they had a vote more people would say Yes to legalize it then no. Alot of the people i know smoke it and its not that bad actually. Why have people behind bars for a little bit of medical marijauna when they need it???
- —Guest Alex
- I'm not real sure how this is even an issue. I'm a Paramedic in the DFW area. As it sits right now multiple Hospitals use COCAINE packed dressing during surgeries. The reason behind this is that the cocaine is used to cause vasoconstriction to reduce bleeding. I understand this, and it makes sense to me. The thing that I don't understand is how did medical cocaine get passed with out being voted on? We have the most addictive drugs in the world made in a lab out of chemicals everyday. These meds are suppose to help people with pain, disease, and what ever else. These meds kill people everyday. These meds are given out like candy on halloween at your local hospitals, and your local ambulance service. Why can't weed be controlled? One thing about weed is that we as medical providers know about the good this drug can provide from a medical stand point. This drug is 100% all natural. No synthetic chemicals. The prescribed medical marijuana would be great in multiple ways
- —Guest Mr. Green
- Cannabis should be legalized because it would make so much profit to the u.s. since it is a cash crop. It actually puts the body and mind at ease. Cannabis doesn't cause harm, unlike alcohol.
- —Guest Sativa Society
LEGAL MEDICAL POT
- AS A 64 YEAR OLD WITH SPINAL STENOSIS, I HAVE BEEN ON A MORPHINE PUMP FOR 10 YRS, ALONG W/ THE USE OF HYDROCODONE 10/325... I USE POT SECRETLY TO AID IN PAIN CONTROL AND I FIND THAT I USE LESS OPOIDS AND CAN TOLERATE LIFE.
MARIJUANA SHOULD BE LEGALIZED AND WE NEED TO MOVE AWAY FROM THE ANTIQUATED THINKING THAT IT POSES A DANGER.
IF LEGALIZED, IT WOULD ALMOST CRIPPLE THE DRUG CARTELS AND THE TAXES IT WOULD RAISE WOULD BENEFIT EVERY CITIZEN IN THE STATE.
WHEN WILL THERE BE A SENSIBLE TEXAS LEGISLATION THAT WILL GET PAST THE IDIOTIC THINKING THAT IT IS "DEVIL WEED", AND GET US INTO 21st CENTURY THINKING. I HAVE USED POT FOR NEARLY FIFTY YEARS WITHOUT GROWING HAIR ON MY TONGUE OR BIG BREASTS (MALE).
GET A PETITION UP AND LET ME KNOW....I'LL SIGN IN A HEARTEAT AND I KNOW LITERALLY HUNDREDS THAT FEEL THE SAME WAY. LET'S JOIN WASHINGTON AND CALIFORNIA WITH FULL LEGALIZATION, AND AT THE LEAST MEDICAL USAGE LEGALIZATION.
- —Guest GKEENGL
Lets talk facts (part 3)
- These days, more and more people are trying to get high. However jobs are pretty effective with weeding out people who have used marijuana within a 30 day period. So instead of doing marijuana, people use harder stuff (like Alcohol, cocaine, crystal meth, crack cocaine, bath salts, etc) because it goes in and out of your system, not to mention gets you way higher than marijuana. This is not a good thing, and will lead to marijuana be legalized (but it maybe to late). What people don't know is that in the music world, artist are actually promoting the use of Alcohol use, Popping pills, rolling on ex, sipping lean, and even snorting cocaine (yeah, i could not believe this one either). Our future generation is listening to this, and being very impressionable. In just a five years it will be socially acceptable to use cocaine (even if not legal). We will be in trouble if the future leaders of our country are addicted to cocaine.
For these reasons, is why marijuana should be legalized.
- —Guest The Voice Of Reason
Lets talk facts (part 2)
- Drugs are coming into america. Rather we fight it or not they are coming in, and wont be going anywhere. People buy drugs and people use drugs. Just because its not legal doesn't mean that its not being used. So why not capitalize on this US Government, sure would make smuggling marijuana in the country a bit ridiculous (especially to risk being caught smuggling it, when it can be commonly acquired). That would make a lot of people stop selling marijuana if purchasing marijuana was legal but making distribution illegal.
How many crimes like assault, robbery, murder, prostitution, motor vehicle theft are associated with marijuana? Now i'm not saying that there is no cases associated with marijuana, because there are. But in comparison to alcohol, there is literally no contest (crimes associated with alcohol out number crimes associated with marijuana practically 6-8 times over). The matter is really simple, don't just legalize it in Texas. Legalize it all across America.
- —Guest The Voice Of reason
Lets talk facts
- Should it be Legal? Yes. It is a lot safer than all of the illegal drugs and most of the legal ones. It helps with the healing process rather it be mental or physical (as far a pain). Its safe to drive under the influence, unlike alcohol. Which kills thousands of people every year (rather they are driving or they just drink to much). Hell lets face it, your more likely to be killed by someone impaired by alcohol than to even hear about deaths related to marijuana. So is it safe, you bet it is. Even doctors recommend the use of it for medical practices. Its much safer than cigarettes, which has been proven to cause cancer and kill people as well. However there is real sign that connects cancer to marijuana. In fact marijuana has been medically prescribed by doctors to cancer patients.
Is it addicting, some what yeah. People become dependent on it, and use it as a crutch. But honestly that not that bad. People use NyQuil just for sleep (that's a real crutch). So legalize it america!
- —Guest The Voice Of reason
Legality of Weed
- Making uninformed decisions can be very detrimental to a person as well as a nation. I hate when people try to tell me that marijuana has killed thousands of people from overdose. I tell them to be quiet because they don't know what they are talking about. Marijuana's benefits outway all the arguments that are put against it. The only thing bad about marijuana us that it is illegal...but not for long!
- —Guest SmokeItDaily
- Get over it....
It's. Suffering that weed can cure and it is harmless. A non aggressive high. A pain killer.A nerver reducer....the list goes on & on.....just get over it and hear the people begging not to go against thelaw.
- —Guest lanae
- I suffer from anxiety and a cookie makes public bearable. Not high just bearable. It is all about taxing it. So many illnesses and side effects from other harmful drugs.
- —Guest sherry zumo
The Truth about Marijuana
- The Truth about Marijuana
Over 100 million Americans have tried it at least once, and now 13 states have legalized medical marijuana.
Here is my, "contrary to popular belief" list
1. Mounting evidence has shown it is far less dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes, legal medicines, and even caffeine, yes thats right you can OD on coffee.
2. No person has ever overdosed on marijuana ever, not once in the history of the world. It is simply not toxic enough. 450,000+ die each year from tobacco cigarettes, while a good 50,000+ die from alcohol overdose.
3. Those high on marijuana are less likely to commit violent acts, not more likely. In fact, I watched a video on youtube about a British test where a man was given a marijuana joint to smoke and then was given a driving test. He performed better high. Marijuana actually makes you far more cautious
4. IT DOES NOT LEAD TO LUNG CANCER. A natural grown plant simply is not toxic enough to cause lung cancer
5. It does not kill brain cells
- —Guest Cannibus
- LET THAT BITCH BURN MAN FUCK DA GOV DO US A FAVOR AND FUCKING LEGALIZE MARIJUANA FUCK
- —Guest Gangster