- Saturdays and Sundays October 6th through November 25
- Thanksgiving Friday
- Tuesday and Wednesday, November 6 and 7 (School Days)
The festival takes place takes place on a 55 acre site located at 21778 FM 1774 in Plantersville, Texas. Plantersville is approximately 56 miles from Houston.
Tickets purchased at the gate are $25 for adults and $12 for children 12 and under. Children age 4 and under are free.
There are a few ways to save on ticket costs:
- Opening Weekend, $12/adult, $6/child: These tickets are good for October 8th and 9th only and must be purchased online, from a ticket outlet, by phone or by mail. Opening weekend tickets purchased at the gate will remain full price.
- Advance Ticket, $18/adult, $8/child: These tickets must be purchased online, by phone or by mail on or before September 24, 2011.
- Ticket Outlets, $20/adult, $10/child: Must be purchased at HEB, Market Basket or Woodforest National Bank.
- Oktoberfest: This theme centers around German life and features live music from Wolgemut, swordfight demonstrations, Bratwurst and German beers.
- All Hallows Eve: Visit the Renaissance Festival during Halloween weekend and participate in costume contest, trick-or-treating, candied apple-eating contest and more. Feast on Kiszka (Blood Sausage), corn on the cob and funnel cakes.
- Barbarian Invasion: Prove just how barbaric you are by competing in contest like Worst Dressed Barbarian, Strongest Barbarian and Barbarian Obstacle Course. Also see live performances from Crannog and The Sturdy Beggars Mud Show.
- Celtic Christmas: Usher in the holidays with Christmas décor, music by Texas Brass, street characters dressed as elves and a Christmas scavenger hunt. This is the closing weekend theme of the event.