"hspace="5" align="right" border="0" width="133" height="170">
Note: This is a post from 2009. To read about MLK Day events for 2010, click here.
There are a cavalcade of ways to celebrate MLK Day in Houston this weekend. Here are seven:
1. Cheer for Yao Ming and the Rockets as they take on Chauncey Billups and the Denver Nuggets. It's a rare 1 p.m. start time for this Monday game, so take the kiddos out and have a good time.
2. The Children's Museum has a whole host of events going on, as they're one-upping your do-goodness by honoring Dr. King for the entire week. Daily activities include a Dream Wall, Family Seal, and Timeline.
3. January 18th you can learn the real meaning of MLK Day with the folks at The Raleigh/Wake Martin Luther King Celebration Committee.
4. The Black Heritage Society is hosting the Children's Parade & MLK Parade at Minute Maid Park on January 19th.
5. (and 6.) Of course, the MLK Parade Foundation will be hosting their Youth Parade (January 17) as well as the Grand Parade (January 19).
7. The Student Conservation Association will be up to their usual help-thy-fellow-man antics. Join them at the Fifth Ward Community Garden Center for a restoration project on January 17th from 8 a.m. thru 12 p.m.
If you've got any others, feel free to leave them in the comments.
Photo © Chris Graythen/Getty Images